Hate Ironing? Read On!
Ok, so you might be wondering why I’ve decided to add a review that will help take the hassle out of that dreaded household chore known as ironing. Well, most of the reviews on my website are about how you can clean with steam, but as you probably know when you’re researching a particular product something else always comes up that grabs your attention.
If you’ve had time to look around my website, or indeed have read my homepage, you will know that my area of expertise is cleaning floors. But that doesn’t mean I’m not about passing on information about other products I think are worth a mention, and this one certainly is!
The Steamfast SF-407 Fabric Steamer made me realize that it’s not just with hard floor surfaces or carpets where steam cleaners can help make life easier. There are other chores the wonder of steam can help with, so here goes.
What You Can Use It For
This fabric steamer won’t just help get awkward wrinkles out of all types of clothing, it will also help to freshen up your upholstery and drapes. In fact it can be used on all sorts of heavy fabrics about the home such as cushion covers or heavy bed linen. However, what I do recommend especially if you’re using this unit for the first time or on something delicate is to test a small area first.
It will get rid of wrinkles in blouses, shirts, pants, dresses, skirts and just about any other type of clothing that can be put on a hanger. Actually, once you become adept at using this fabric steamer I’ll bet your iron will start to feel a little left out.
- First of all, you get a telescopic pole which is detachable as well as adjustable. This means you can work at various heights without an issue, although some have noted the pole could be longer.
- A convenient clothes hanger hook is also included so you don’t have to find somewhere to hang your items.
This is also made of rust free material. Remember, very hot steam is being used so you don’t need any transference from the hangers you use.
- The manufacturer has also included a handy press pad which turns this fabric steamer into something not unlike an iron, and offers more precision when getting those pesky wrinkles out.
- A fabric brush comes as an additional attachment which helps to remove loose hair, lint or other loose items that land on your fabrics.
- The water tank is removable so you can fill it straight from your faucet, and will hold up to 40oz. Plus, once full it will give you up to 45 minutes of continuous steam.
- Rolling casters have been included with the overall design which makes moving about while you steam larger items much easier. What I will say is there is no lock to hold the unit in place, so you might find it will roll about a little too freely.
Personally, I think this fabric steamer is a must in any home, and if you take a look at the price currently being offered on Amazon you can probably get it for a little more than it would cost you for an iron. And as we all know an iron will only deal with clothes and not every type of fabric in your home.